Monday, March 1, 2010

Family Connections

Part of the emphasis of this month will be carving-out room in those places of life where God can show up. One of those places where God can show up in your life and in mine is ... family.

So family is a part of the priority of this sabbatical. I'm looking forward to giving back to my girls who so graciously for 26 years have been willing to put our plans on hold when ministry needs and demands surfaced at the last minute. I don't believe I have ever heard even one of them express resentment or frustration when the needs of the church required us to change our plans. So for their graciousness ... I'm glad to carve out time for them in this sabbatical.

Week One Dianna and I will travel to St. Louis to watch Alison as she represents Campbellsville University in Nationals Swim. During the mornings she will swim ... during the afternoons and evenings we will read, explore the city, hang out with the team ...

Week two Dianna and I will travel to Estero Florida where we will be for the duration of the Sabbatical. This second week will be our time. I'll make initial contact with Summit Church, but the priority for week two is our time together. We plan to do some fun excursions in week two: maybe see the Everglades ... maybe a fishing charter ... definite time near the surf or a pool. Hoping for warm weather!

Week three Alison will be traveling to Florida with a friend to spend her spring break with us. While Dianna has some time with the girls, I'll spend some of this week with the Pastors at Summit Church.

Week four Amber will be traveling to Florida with a friend to spend her spring break with us. Likewise Dianna will be focused with the girls this week. I'll be wrapping up my time with Summit. I'll also be thinking about Good Friday Services and Easter.

I'm so excited about spending this month with my family.

I'm convinced that when you carve out room for family, God has a way of showing up right in the middle of that.