Thursday, March 11, 2010

Come to the Summit


Part of the "sabbatical" experience is gathering with other pastors at Summit Church in Estero. Summit has a similar philosophy and strategy to NWF.

My first day at Summit ... a meeting w/ the pastors about "resourcing".

Great thought from the day, particularly when you think about us in a season of vision refinement.

"We are all in the same place. We have a God-sized vision that surpasses our resources. And that is where we want to be. Because that keeps us forever dependent upon God to show up."

That struck a cord with me. Is our vision ever God-sized if it does not surpass our ability to resource it? As I think about all the stories I've been reading in the "read the bible through" plan; seems to me that God's Vision always surpasses the resources of the individual or community.

Dear God ... lead our leaders ... get me ready.