Thursday, March 18, 2010

Did you ever???

Did you ever feel like
that 5th Grade boy who in his hunger has bitten off more than he can chew ... and finds himself in that strangely awkward place where his mouth is filled to over-flowing with good tasting food, but then realizes that he can't chew or swallow? Can you remember as a kid being so famished and then stuffing yourself until you find yourself not sure what to do with all the food in your mouth? Do you spit it out? Do you attempt to keep it in your mouth? You can't move your jaw! You are immobilized by having stuffed your face with just TOO MUCH good stuff!!!!

That's where I find myself. My soul is STUFFED FULL with so much. There is so much good stuff I've been reading; I completed "Chasing the Lion". Today I completed "Scouting the Divine". I'm stuffed on scripture too. (I'm on May 16 now on the read the Bible through; I was on March 25 when I left). There are simply too many ideas bubbling up from the conversations I've had over the past visits w/ the pastors at Summit. Today I met with two other partner churches in the area and spent the entire day with one of the Summit Pastors. I find myself "paralyzed by all the good stuff". How do I chew this? How do I digest it? Can I swallow it? Must I spit it out?

Anyway ... so, so, so much good stuff.

So let me ask you to pray for me. Pray that I would have a discerning heart to see/hold/swallow all the good that the Lord intends for me absorb. By the way, in reading the "book of the day": "Scouting the Divine" ... I had one of those amazing moments where God touched my heart deeply and reminded me how much I love New Work Fellowship and then came to realize how much I am missing "my flock". In fact, I woke up today at 4 AM and couldn't go back to sleep because I was so "hungry" to finish reading that book that stirred such deep emotion toward you.

Thank you so much for this time. It has been an amazing couple weeks for Dianna and me. It has been a spiritually-filling and idea-generating experience. It has been so uplifting to walk beside like-minded pastors at Summit.

Honestly, it's almost been too much good stuff ... so pray that I would chew on that which the Lord has provided..